Sunday, July 31, 2011

books read in.... July

1. Scott Pilgrim pt1 5/5
Very good. Loved that there was more background info about some of the people in the book.

2. Scott Pilgrim pt2 5/5
Very good second book. Followed what I knew about SP while adding some good new stuff.

3. Vampire Diaries: The Struggle 4/5
Not the best series ever, but a quick read. Easy to follow and at times kinda ridiculous.

4. The New World 5/5
Great short story. Read this because it goes along with the chaos walking series I was about to start. Got to learn alot of backstory about one of the characters, Viola. Made understanding Viola easier. Great addition to the series, I am sure.

5. The Knife of Never Letting Go 5/5
Crazy title, but a really great book. It started out a little slow for me, but picked up after a while. Got very interesting after Todd met Viola. And poor Manchee seriously made me cry. Looking forward to the other two books in the series.

6. The Carrie Diaries 4/5
Good book! I loved the insight into Carrie's teen years. And the story was a little predictable at times, but overall really good. Loved how it ended!

7. The Ask and the Answer 5/5
Great middle book, especially since middle books are typically the worst in the series. I love actually getting Viola's pov and following their seperate paths. Todd took a very unexpected turn in this book and I was a little sad about it. But I loved the growth of Davy's character and I actually felt awful how his story turned out. That was just sad. And the ending left me very worried for the third book.

8. Looking for Alaska 4/5
I like this book but at times it gets really ridiculous. The main character was a bit annoying, especially when he explains how much better he is than everything else.

9. Scott Pilgrim pt3 5/5
I loved the third book. Very good addition to the series

10. Scott Pilgrim pt4 5/5
Fourth book pretty much meet my expectations of being awesome.

11. Scott Pilgrim pt5 4/5
My main problem with the fifth book is Ramona and Scott's relationship. They really struggled and over tiny stuff. And the glowing? Why?

12. Scott Pilgrim pt6 4/5
Good ending to the series but I dont think it really explained anything. Why was Gideon the way he was? Why Ramona? Why did her head glow? Why did anyone's head glow? Did Ramona and Scott end up together and happy? So many questions that didnt get answered.

13. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8: The Last Gleaming 3/5
I really wanted to like this one. Spike was back and anyone who knows me, knows that I love Spike. Like seriously love him. When he is good or when he is bad, I love love love Spike. So I kinda hated that he was such a minor part of this book collection and that Buffy did not jump his bones like she should have. And Giles?!?!? Why???? He was my sexy british father figure for Buffy. Stupid Angel. To be honest, I did not understand much of this book. Maybe its been to long since I've read them, but I was so confused and felt like everything was just made up to fit the wandering and confusing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment