Wednesday, August 31, 2011

books read in.... August

1. Will Grayson Will Grayson 2.5/5
A little to preachy for me. Lots of talking but not really about much. Two guys named Will Grayson meet in an unconventional way and their lifes are similar and connected, blah blah blah. Seriously. I feel like the book is mostll about gay guys since all but like three guys in are the book are gay. Just too much nonsense and talking talking talking.

2. Goodnight Tweetheart 4.5/5
It was weird reading a book that had so much modern stuff in it. Like twitter and Glee. Definitely not what I am used to reading about. But I loved the story and how the two main people got to know each other. Plus Mark is a Braves fan and our heroine loves Buffy. How amazing.

3. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 5/5
Really liked this. The rotating narratives worked well and allowed the reader to connect with each girl. Very good, ready to the next one.

4. Bossypants 5/5
Hilarious! Seriously a great book. Easy and quick. Love love love!

5. Forever 4/5
Not my favorite of the series. But maybe because it's been so long since i've read the other two books. Anyway. Conclusion stories are never my favorite in a series. I did not feel that the ending gave the reader any satisfaction. Everything was to open ended.

6. Anna and the French Kiss 5/5
Sincerely loved this book. All the missed chances. All the times where they should have, would have, could have... but didnt. Great story and loved the writing.

7. The Lover's Dictionary 5/5
Read this in like two hours. Very quick read. I loved how the story didn't follow a time line but instead matched the words which were of course in alphabetical order. My favorite part was the repeating parts that reveal a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment