Saturday, April 30, 2011

books read.... in April!

1. One Mississippi 4/5
Really good book, but it took me like a week to read. Good story a little predictable with Tim though, but still really good.

2. Ophelia 4/5
I really liked this book. It started pretty slow, but once Ophelia moved into the castle things sped up. A few things felt rushed and unlikely, but then again it is based off a Shakespeare play. Ending worked pretty well too.

3. Books That Changed the World 5/5
Pretty good. Got some good ideas about books I want to read. Great background information about the book, the times they reflect, and the authors. Showed how the books affected the writing community and others.

4. Impossible 3/5
This book was good and really bad at the same time. The premise is good, and the plot would be amazing but the dialogue was horrible. The things that the characters, especially Lucy, said were just so stupid and incredibly unrealistic. Predictable at times though, but with a few surprises.

5. Prom 4/5
Not my favorite by LHA. But still pretty good.

6. Hunger Games 20 million/5
Amazing book. Every time I read it I love it even more. And I love Peeta even more.

7. Catching Fire 20 million and 1/5
I love this book. It makes me laugh and it makes me cry.

8. Mockingjay 10 million/5
Least favorite of the three but still a great book.

9. Hold Still 5/5
I loved this book. Read it in one day. In like 12 hours. The characters are all real and very relatable. The situations are real. Great book

10. Dream Factory 5/5
Good book with a good story line. It was interesting to read about the behind the scenes Disney park stuff.

11. Brutal 4/5
Good book but some of Poe's arguments were repetitive and stupid. But I did enjoy most of the book

12. The Orange Houses 3/5
Not my favorite but quick read

13. Burn 2.5/5
Not good. It starts out ok but gets real stupid by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment